Responsible service is smart customer service
Serve It Right Saskatchewan (SIRS) is the official provincial responsible service of alcohol program. It provides consistent training for the sale and service of alcohol, helping commercial and special occasion permit holders to ensure that alcohol-related activities are conducted with integrity and in a socially responsible manner.
- ways to identify intoxication
- handling situations involving minors
- effective approaches to discontinue or refuse to sell or serve alcohol
- understanding your legal responsibilities and liabilities
Once you purchase the course, you will have 45 days to complete it online. The final exam is also completed online and upon successful completion of the course, your certificate is available for you to download from your online profile.
This method of certification is especially useful for those with varied schedules or limited transportation.
Serve It Right Saskatchewan is also available as a six-hour classroom workshop.
On June 22, 2015, the Government of Saskatchewan announced that mandatory server intervention training would be phased in over a three year period.
- By June 30, 2016, all owners and managers will be required to have completed the training and new hires must take the training within 30 days of beginning employment.
- By June 30, 2017, there must be at least one person on each shift who has completed the training.
- By June 30, 2018, all employees involved in the sale and service of alcohol must have completed SIRS.
If you hold a valid server intervention training certificate from another province, you may transfer your certification to Saskatchewan. Please contact us for details.
Pre-requisite: There is no pre-requisite for this course.
Access: You will have 45 days to complete the course from the day you enroll. You should be able to complete the course in six hours or less.
Note: You will need Flash Player on your computer or device in order to complete exercises.
Exam: There is a 35-question multiple choice exam. Exams are generated randomly from a bank of questions. To pass the exam, a mark of 80% must be achieved. You will have three attempts to complete the exam.
SIRS is supported and endorsed by:
Please note: When you purchase this program, it is available only for your use in your personal account. You will not be able to provide access to other individuals. The quantity shown in the shopping cart should be for your use only. If you are a registered group manager purchasing on behalf of your organization, please log in before proceeding. If this is the first time you have ordered from us, please check your email for your account confirmation before using your new purchase.
- Saskatchewan Hotel and Hospitality Association (SHHA)
- Saskatchewan Government Insurance (SGI)
- Saskatchewan Liquor and Gaming Authority (SLGA)
- Saskatchewan Ministry of Health
- Tourism Saskatchewan
- Wines and Spirits Association of Saskatchewan
- RCMP and law enforcement agencies in Saskatchewan